Dyslexia, Dyscalculia and Dyspraxia
Help YourShelf to...Books
Have a look at some of our books related to dyslexia, dyscalculia and dyspraxia and how to live with these conditions. All of the titles are available in our RGU Library collection, so you can borrow them whenever you would like. Just click on the title of the book and you will be taken to the book page on our LibrarySearch tool.
- The dyslexic advantage : unlocking the hidden potential of the dyslexic brain byCall Number: 616.8553 EIDISBN: 9781848506398Publication Date: 2011Supporting their claims with science and interviews with dyslexics and innovative teachers, the authors of this book show how the unique strengths of dyslexia can be captured for success at home, at school and at work.
- Making Dyslexia Work for You byCall Number: 616.8553 GOOISBN: 9780415597562Publication Date: 2012-01-10Written for dyslexic adults or anyone who thinks they might be dyslexic, this bold and imaginative book is deliberately concise and easy to dip into. User-friendly, essential guide to the world of study and work for anyone with dyslexia.
- Study Skills for Students with Dyslexia byCall Number: 371.914430281 STUISBN: 9781473925137Publication Date: 2016-08-15Packed full of advice on topics including note taking, essay writing, reading strategies and exam techniques, it is an essential read for students with dyslexia and other Specific Learning Differences (SpLDs) in further and higher education.
- Academic Writing and Dyslexia byCall Number: 808.066378 WALISBN: 9781138291492Publication Date: 2018-02-02This book presents a unique visual approach to academic writing and composition specifically tailored to the needs of dyslexic students in higher education.
- The Dyspraxic Learner byCall Number: 371.9 PATISBN: 9781849055949Publication Date: 2015-03-21By exploring dyspraxia and its physical, emotional, psychological and social impacts on learning, the author shares tried-and-tested strategies for ensuring that students with dyspraxia achieve their full potential.
- How to succeed in college and university with specific learning difficulties : a guide for students, educators & parents byCall Number: 371.90474 KIRISBN: 9780285642430Publication Date: 2013For any adult with specific learning difficulties, going to college or university can be a challenge. From study skills to budgeting, from cooking to relationships, Amanda Kirby identifies routes to success in both education and socially.
- Caged in Chaos byCall Number: 616.85520092 BRIISBN: 9781849054744Publication Date: 2014-04-21Written by a teenager with dyspraxia, this is a humorous and inspiring practical guide for young adults with dyspraxia and those around them trying to get to grips with the physical, social and psychological chaos caused by developmental co-ordination disorders (DCDs).
- The Study Skills Toolkit for Students with Dyslexia byCall Number: 371.914430281 GRIISBN: 9780857029324Publication Date: 2012-10-10Packed with advice, checklists and templates this book will help you improve your study skills throughout your time at university.
Help YourShelf to...Videos
There are numerous self-help and awareness-raising videos about Dyslexia, Dyscalculia and Dyspraxia, but these were some of our favourites. We hope they will help you! Have you stumbled upon a video which helped you? Let us know and we'll share it here!
The Dyslexia Advantage
The Creative Brilliance of Dyslexia
Help YourShelf to...Podcasts
Sharing dyslexia stories from all stages and walks of life to help parents of Tween/Teenage Dyslexics find practical tips.
The Dyslexia Directory
Fresh content for students and adults with dyslexia