Mindfulness and Meditation
Help YourShelf to...Books
Have a look at some of our books related to mindfulness and meditation. All of the titles are available in our RGU Library collection, so you can borrow them whenever you would like. Just click on the title of the book and you will be taken to the book page on our LibrarySearch tool.
- The compassionate mind: a new approach to life's challenges byCall Number: 152.4 GILISBN: 9781849010986Publication Date: 2010Professor Paul Gilbert explains how new research shows how we can all learn to develop compassion for ourselves and others and derive the benefits of this age-old wisdom.
- Mindfulness for Students byISBN: 9781352002355Publication Date: 2018-05-11Using a unique combination of mindfulness-based techniques and study skills, this book shows students how to apply mindfulness to their studies and everyday life in simple, practical steps.
- Search inside yourself : the unexpected path to achieving success, happiness (and world peace) byISBN: 9780062116932Publication Date: 2014-09-02With Search Inside Yourself, Chade-Meng Tan, one of Google's earliest engineers and personal growth pioneer, offers a proven method for enhancing mindfulness and emotional intelligence in life and work.
- Practical Meditation for Beginners byISBN: 9781641520256Publication Date: 2018-01-01From Zen and Vipassana to walking meditations and body scans, the simple practices outlined in Practical Meditation for Beginners make it easy to build an ongoing meditation routine that is best for you.
- A mindfulness guide for the frazzled byCall Number: 158.1 WAXISBN: 9780241972069Publication Date: 2016Five hundred years ago no one died of stress: we invented this concept and now we let it rule us. Ruby Wax shows us how to de-frazzle for good by making simple changes that give us time to breathe, reflect and live in the moment. Let Ruby be your guide to a healthier, happier you. You've nothing to lose but your stress.
- Living life to the full : key life skills to change your life byCall Number: 158.1 WILISBN: 9781906564582Publication Date: 2018This book teaches you powerful wellbeing strategies based on the tried and trusted cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) approach.
- Mindfulness: a practical guide to finding peace in a frantic world byISBN: 9780749953089Publication Date: 2011Authoritative, beautifully written and much-loved by its readers, this book reveals a set of simple yet powerful practices that you can incorporate into daily life to break the cycle of anxiety, stress unhappiness and exhaustion.
- Mind over Mood, Second Edition byISBN: 9781462520428Publication Date: 2015-10-15Discover simple yet powerful steps you can take to overcome emotional distress and feel happier, calmer, and more confident.
Help YourShelf to...Videos
There are numerous self-help and awareness-raising videos about mindfulness and meditation, but these were some of our favourites. We hope they will help you! Have you stumbled upon a video which helped you? Let us know and we'll share it here!
How Mindfulness Transforms Us
Ruby Wax on Mindfulness
Help YourShelf to...Podcasts
Freakonomics - Why is my life so hard?
Most of us feel we face more headwinds and obstacles than everyone else — which breeds resentment. We also undervalue the tailwinds that help us — which leaves us ungrateful and unhappy. How can we avoid this trap?
Dan Harris talks with meditation pioneers, neuroscientists, psychologists, mental health experts and world leading health experts on the topic of training your mind.
Mindfulness Mode Podcast
Increase your calm, focus and happiness through mindfulness & meditation. Learn from entrepreneurs like Nate Hockstra, Pat Flynn, Michael Pullman so you can be more relaxed, earn more money and be happy & contented.