How it works
We offer membership to support individuals - including RGU Alumni and those studying for professional qualifications or seeking to keep up to date with professional issues - and companies.
External members can borrow 5 books at any time and also place holds on items via the Library Catalogue.
Is there anything I can't borrow?
Journals and other items on the shelves that are reference only cannot be borrowed - they can only be used within the library. These will be indicated by a label on the item.
Electronic Resources and Databases
Unfortunately, our license agreements do not allow us to offer Alumni or External members access to our electronic collections.
External Membership Types
Note: Applications can be processed in person or by email. Send your completed application form and copies of all supporting documents to email@example.com or just pop in with them. We cannot promise to process it immediately, but will endeavour to do it whilst you wait if someone is available to do so. Your Library card will be made available from our Reception after which you may visit the Library and borrow items.
Personal Membership (including Alumni)
- Full Rate - £25 per annum (for non-commercial use only)
- Concessionary Rate - £10 per annum (senior citizens, practice teachers, occasional lecturers, retired RGU staff, and individuals on CPD courses who would not normally have access to library facilities)
- Free - (RGU alumni, RGU evening/weekend class students, NHS Grampian staff members, Robert Gordon's College staff and 6th year students. Also individuals on CPD courses lasting less than 10 weeks when Library registration is a requirement. The paying category applies to CPD courses where Library registration is not required. Course leaders advise Library staff on each category.)
To join as a personal member, please complete and return a copy of the appropriate membership form:
Students studying at other Universities in the UK may apply for free membership under the SCONUL access scheme. Please check your home instution's website for details on how to apply for the scheme. You must have an approval email before visiting RGU Library. SCONUL memberships can be processed 0900-1700 Monday-Friday.
On arrival at RGU Library please show your SCONUL approval email and your home institution student ID. You'll be asked to complete a membership form after which you'll be able to access the Library and the borrowing privileges for Bands A-C. Band R students will be permitted reference and study access only.
Please note that SCONUL membership does not provide access to electronic resources such as databases and e-books, or to PCs and printing. Students from other institutions should be able to log-into Eduroam using their home credentials for wifi access on their own devices.
Corporate membership is available at 2 rates:
- Larger companies - £75 per annum (entitles 3 named members to register and borrow.)
- Smaller companies (with 10 employees or less) - £30 per annum (entitles a single named member to register and borrow.)
To join, please complete and return this form:
If you would like more information, please email us.