Seat bookings no longer required!
There is no longer any requirement to book a seat at RGU Library but please note the following:
- Face coverings should continue to be worn at all times whilst in the Library unless exempt. If you are exempt please wear your lanyard so that staff are aware.
- The requirement for 1m social distancing has been removed and, in line with Scottish Government and University advice, students are instead requested to maintain distance from others where possible.
- Externa members may once again visit the library and browse shelves or make use of the study space. We recommend checking prior to each visit as restrictions may need to be re-introduced at short notice.
Moving around the Library
- Please wear your face covering at all times in the Library, including whilst sitting at a study desk. This is in accordance with Scottish Government guidelines on the use face coverings in Libraries. Medical exemptions apply.
- There is no longer a one-way system within the Library, but please be mindful of others and maintain distance from others where possible.
- Please use the stairs wherever possible. Lifts are restricted to single person essential use only.
- There are cleaning stations on each floor. Please make use of the wipes and spray to clean your desk, keyboard and mouse before and after use. The RGU cleaning team visits the Library in the morning, and at multiple points during the day, but the cleanliness of your workspace is your responsibility.
- Printing facilities are available. Only one person at a time should be in the print-hubs and please make use of the cleaning products and hand sanitiser.
- The toilets in the Library are available for use.
- Please do not bring any food or drink into the Library other than water.
Leaving the Library
- Make use of the wipes and spray provided to clean your workspace before leaving.
- Please use the stairs wherever possible. Lifts are for essential use only and restricted to one person at a time.
- Please do not reserve your seat by leaving any items on the desk. Although all desks are now available for use, with the requst that distance is maintained where possible the capacity is still limited. We advise that you take all items with you if leaving the Library for longer than 30 minutes