Seat bookings no longer required!
There is no longer any requirement to book a seat at RGU Library but please note the following:
- Face coverings should continue to be worn at all times whilst in the Library unless exempt. If you are exempt please wear your lanyard so that staff are aware.
- Please adhere to 1m social distancing and use only the seats that are marked as available with a green tick.
- Capacity of the Library is still limited and, at busy times, you may find it difficult to locate a seat. Please do not sit at any desks that are not marked as being available for use. Green ticks show the desks available for use. Please do not sit at any desks with red crosses.
- Only current RGU students and staff will be permitted to access the upper floors of the Library and RGU ID must be shown. We're sorry but we can't provide access for community or external members or members of the public at this time. Community and external members may still make use of the Click & Collect service and enter the Library to collect their reservations.
Moving around the Library
- Please wear your face covering at all times in the Library, including whilst sitting at a study desk. This is in accordance with Scottish Government guidelines on the use face coverings in Libraries. Medical exemptions apply.
- There is no longer a one-way system within the Library, but please be mindful of others and adhere to the 1m social distancing guidance.
- Please use the stairs wherever possible. Lifts are restricted to single person essential use only.
- Up to and including Friday 10th September you will be allocated a numbered seat on arrival in the Library. From Monday 13th September onwards there will be no allocation of seats and you can sit at any desk with a green tick. Please do not sit at any desks with red crosses.
- There are cleaning stations on each floor. Please make use of the wipes and spray to clean your desk, keyboard and mouse before and after use. The RGU cleaning team visits the Library in the morning, and at multiple points during the day, but the cleanliness of your workspace is your responsibility.
- Printing facilities are available. Only one person at a time should be in the print-hubs and please make use of the cleaning products and hand sanitiser.
- The toilets in the Library are available for use.
- Please do not bring any food or drink into the Library other than water.
Leaving the Library
- Make use of the wipes and spray provided to clean your workspace before leaving.
- Please use the stairs wherever possible. Lifts are for essential use only and restricted to one person at a time.
- Please do not reserve your seat by leaving any items on the desk. Capacity is very limited so we request that you take all items with you if leaving the Library for longer than 30 minutes