How it works
We offer membership to support individuals - including RGU Alumni and those studying for professional qualifications or seeking to keep up to date with professional issues - and companies.
External members can borrow 5 books at any time and also place holds on items via the Library Catalogue.
Is there anything I can't borrow?
Journals and other items on the shelves that are reference only cannot be borrowed - they can only be used within the library. These will be indicated by a label on the item. We regret that Alumni and external members are temporarily unable to access Reference items.
Electronic Resources and Databases
Unfortunately, our license agreements do not allow us to offer Alumni or External members access to our electronic collections.
External Membership Types
Note: Applications can only be processed by email. Please do not visit the library to register. Send your completed application form and copies of all supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your Library card will be posted to you after which you may make use of our Click & Collect service. Please note that there will be no browsing access in the Library.
Personal Membership (including Alumni)
- Full Rate - £25 per annum (for non-commercial use only)
- Concessionary Rate - £10 per annum (senior citizens, practice teachers, occasional lecturers, retired RGU staff, and individuals on CPD courses who would not normally have access to library facilities)
- Free - (RGU graduates, RGU evening/weekend class students, Sconul Access members, NHS Grampian staff members, Robert Gordon's College staff and 6th year students. Also individuals on CPD courses lasting less than 10 weeks when Library registration is a requirement. The paying category applies to CPD courses where Library registration is not required. Course leaders advise Library staff on each category.)
To join as a personal member, please complete and return a copy of the appropriate membership form:
Corporate membership is available at 2 rates:
- Larger companies - £75 per annum (entitles 3 named members to register and borrow.)
- Smaller companies (with 10 employees or less) - £30 per annum (entitles a single named member to register and borrow.)
To join, please complete and return this form:
If you would like more information, please email us.