We offer membership to support individuals - including those studying for professional qualifications, or seeking to keep up to date with professional issues - and companies.
What are the benefits of external membership?
External members can borrow 5 books and 5 journals at any time and also place holds on materials that are on loan via the Library Catalogue.
What about electronic books, journals and databases?
Unfortunately, our license agreements do not allow us to offer access to our electronic collections.
What are the different types of external membership?
Note: Please note that applications can only be processed Monday-Friday between 9am - 5pm. If you wish to borrow items on your first visit to the library, please send your completed application form and copies of all supporting documents to email@example.com in advance.
- Full Rate - £25 per annum (for non-commercial use only)
- Concessionary Rate - £10 per annum (senior citizens, practice teachers, occasional lecturers, retired RGU staff, and individuals on CPD courses who would not normally have access to library facilities)
- Free - (RGU graduates, RGU evening/weekend class students, Sconul Access members, NHS staff members, Robert Gordon's College staff and 6th year students. Also individuals on CPD courses lasting less than 10 weeks when Library registration is a requirement. The paying category applies to CPD courses where Library registration is not required. Course leaders advise Library staff on each category.)
To join as a personal member, please complete and return a copy of the appropriate membership form:
Corporate membership is available at 2 rates:
- Larger companies - £75 per annum (entitles 3 named members to register and borrow.)
- Smaller companies (with 10 employees or less) - £30 per annum (entitles a single named member to register and borrow.)
To join, please complete and return this form:
How can I find out more about external membership?
If you would like more information, please call 01224 263450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org