What You Can Access
- Ordnance Survey: OS maps covering the whole of Great Britain and at scales ranging from 1:1250 up to 1:750000.
- Historic: historical OS maps of Great Britain, the originals of which were published between 1846 and 1996.
- Geology: geological map data from the British Geological Survey (BGS).
- Marine: raster nautical charts and Marine Themes vector data from the UK Hydrographic Office.
- Environment: Land Cover data from the Centre for Ecology and Hydrology. Separate datasets are available for 1990, 2000, 2007 and 2015. Also included are Dudley Stamp’s maps of the 1930’s Land Utilisation Survey of Britain.
- Aerial: high quality aerial photography of Great Britain.
- Lidar: lidar data derived from the Environment Agency, showing Digital Terrain Models (DTM) of the bare earth surface and Digital Surface Models (DSM) that show the vegetation canopy.
You can use Digimap to zoom in on your area of interest, print maps in A4 to A0 size, annotate maps, download maps in PDF, PNG or JPG files and download the data for use in GIS and CAD software.
Please be aware that the first time you access Digimap you will need to register and accept the user licenses for each individual area.
Registering with Digimap
The first time you use Digimap you will need to go through the registration process. Follow the steps in the box below to gain access.
Registration is a one-time only process, so the next time you log in to Digimap via the library website, you should be logged in and ready to use the resource.
When you log into Digimap for the first time it will take you to a screen where it will ask you to enter your details. Fill in the fields with your information and click submit.
Ordnance Survey Collection
The Ordnance Survey Collection offers access to several services. The most well used of these are Roam and Data Download.