Covid-19 Information for students and staff on Library services and facilities, opening hours and the safe use of the Library.
The University recommends the use of face coverings in busy or crowded areas.
We know that finding academic literature and conducting research is an important part of completing most of your assignments. On this page you will find a variety of relevant sources which we hope will help with your studies. Remember to also check out our referencing guides.
Are you new to RGU? Have a look at our 'Welcome to the Library' pages for on campus students and online learning students!
Don't forget, you can always join one of our workshops or contact us if you get stuck or just need some help, we're happy to advise!
Browse the collections
Why not check out our extensive collection of books and e-books related to your area of study?
Remember that you can always search for specific books or topics using our LibrarySearch Tool.
Your Library Workshops
We offer free, informal workshops on various Library topics throughout the academic year and we would encourage you to come along if you'd like to improve your skills in:
- referencing correctly
- using the new LibrarySearch tool
- efficiently using effective search strategies to find relevant material for your assignments
- using RefWorks
If you have a specific question, or want a 1-1 discussion with us, you can also pop over to one of our drop-ins! They usually run in the mornings and afternoons, when we're not delivering workshops. Check out the KnowHOW Timetable for more details on dates and times. No need to book an appointment, just show up!
Here are the upcoming relevant Library KnowHOW workshops. We hope to see you there!
Google Scholar can be a useful additional source when looking for journal articles. While our collection includes access to around 53 million journal articles (and growing!), unfortunately we will not have access to all materials you find on Google Scholar, so remember to check whether we subscribe to the resources listed in the results.
All our databases
Did you know that we currently subscribe to over 200 databases covering all subject areas taught in RGU? And you can access them for free! Have a look through our extensive list and discover something new!
A-Z LIST OF DATABASES
ERIC This link opens in a new window
- details of journal articles covering all aspects of education
- indexes a wide variety of non-journal sources, including reports and papers produced by a range of US and international bodies, universities and organisations
Web of Science This link opens in a new window
- details of journal articles, conference papers and chapters covering all subject areas
- can also be used to see how many times an article has been cited in later articles to trace the development of a topic
- abstract only database - full-text can be checked for using the "Full Text @ RGU" link.
Taylor & Francis Online This link opens in a new window
- full text journals in business, humanities, social sciences, and science, technology and medicine; also free archives in geography, planning, urban and environment.
PsycARTICLES This link opens in a new window
- full-text articles from highly regarded psychology journals, including coverage of teaching methods and learning in general as well as teaching psychology in particular
SAGE Journals Online This link opens in a new window
- journals in business, humanities, social sciences and science
CINAHL Complete This link opens in a new window
- full text access to articles in professional and academic journals on nursing, midwifery, and allied health care
- index of journal articles abstracts about nursing, allied health, biomedicine and healthcare
Medline This link opens in a new window
- medicine, pharmacy, biomedical and forensic sciences
Business Source Complete This link opens in a new window
- articles on all aspects of business and management
Westlaw This link opens in a new window
- UK, EU and international cases, legislation and legal journals
- Login with your RGU username and password - you will be required to register the first time you log in
SpringerLink This link opens in a new window
- full-text journals in the sciences and social sciences (current years, plus archive)
ScienceDirect This link opens in a new window
- full-text journals from Elsevier, in life and physical sciences, business, and other subjects.
- abstracts from other core scientific and technical journals
International Newsstream This link opens in a new window
- information from more than 660 of the world's top newspapers, plus additional newswires and news sites
SAGE Education This link opens in a new window
Journals in education, educational research, special education and music education
Scopus This link opens in a new window
- This database covers a large range of journal articles, conference papers etc. across all subject areas
- Abstract only database - full-text can be checked for by using the "Full Text @ RGU" link
- You may be asked if you want to create an account. Searching can be done as a guest. Creating an account will let you create alerts etc.