RGU Harvard Basics
Get to grips with the basic rules of RGU Harvard Referencing
RGU Harvard Templates
The building blocks to help you reference correctly
Everything you need to know about RGU Vancouver, including templates
This style may be for you if you're studying Psychology related subjects
Guidance on the OSCOLA system of referencing. Used if studying Law at RGU.
Your referencing management software
Legacy RefWorks Guide and Login
Existing Legacy RefWorks users can access their account and further information on this service here.
Exporting from Databases
Most databases have procedures for exporting journal article information straight to your RefWorks account.
Support for referencing and RefWorks
If you need further support with referencing, including on styles such as OSCOLA, and RefWorks please visit our Workshops and Appointments page where you will find:
- A calendar of workshops that can be booked online. There are weekly sessions on Harvard referencing and RefWorks
- Recordings of previous workshops
- Information on how to book 1-1 or small group support appointments with one of our team
How we can help
If you're not sure which template is right for your source or if you're struggling to identify the information you need then you can email the team for support. We can also take a look at your reference list and provide some guidance but please give us at least one week's notice and ensure you've helped yourself as much as possible prior to sending us your list.
This includes looking at the templates and ensuring that you have adhered to these as much as possible. We don't offer a proof-reading or correction service. As referencing is a marked part of most assignments your lecturers are expecting to see your own work. We may be able to highlight areas that you need to look at and point you in the direction of the correct templates to use.
Appointments, workshops and email support are available during the Academic Support Team working hours of Monday-Friday 9am-5pm.
Appointment and email response times will depend on team availability and demands on the service. If you have an urgent deadline then please make us aware of that when you contact us and we’ll do our best to assist. The more notice you give us the better!We can support your academic skills development in a variety of areas including literature searching, databases, search techniques, referencing and more. We will:
- Scan your reference lists, provide useful comments where we notice issues, and point out areas requiring improvement. However, we don't carry out a full proofreading or correction service and we can't write references for you.
- Advise on your search strategy, providing guidance to help you search more effectively and offer suggestions on where to search, but we don't carry out searches on your behalf.