Library study spaces must be booked in advance. See the Seat Booking page for more information.
Click and Collect, Postal Loan and Digitisation services are available to access print stock. Library shelves may also be browsed if a study seat has been booked.
For all other services, please see COVID-19: Library service information.
We know that finding academic literature and conducting research is an important part of completing most of your assignments. On this page you will find a variety of relevant sources which we hope will help with your studies. Remember to also check out our referencing guides.
Are you new to RGU? Have a look at our 'Welcome to the Library' pages for on campus students and online learning students!
Don't forget, you can always join one of our workshops or contact us if you get stuck or just need some help, we're happy to advise!
Browse the collections
Why not check out our extensive collection of books and e-books related to your area of study?
Remember that you can always search for specific books or topics using our LibrarySearch Tool.
Your Library Workshops
We offer free, informal workshops on various Library topics throughout the academic year and we would encourage you to come along if you'd like to improve your skills in:
- referencing correctly
- using the new LibrarySearch tool
- efficiently using effective search strategies to find relevant material for your assignments
- using RefWorks
If you have a specific question, or want a 1-1 discussion with us, you can also pop over to one of our drop-ins! They usually run in the mornings and afternoons, when we're not delivering workshops. Check out the KnowHOW Timetable for more details on dates and times. No need to book an appointment, just show up!
Here are the upcoming Library KnowHOW workshops relevant to Pharmacy. We hope to see you there!
Google Scholar can be a useful additional source when looking for journal articles. While our collection includes access to around 53 million journal articles (and growing!), unfortunately we will not have access to all materials you find on Google Scholar, so remember to check whether we subscribe to the resources listed in the results.
All our databases
Did you know that we currently subscribe to over 200 databases covering all subject areas taught in RGU? And you can access them for free! Have a look through our extensive list and discover something new!
A-Z LIST OF DATABASES
- medicine, pharmacy, biomedical and forensic sciences
CINAHL with Full Text
- full-text articles from over 600 nursing and allied health journals, plus details of articles from over 2000 additional journals
- full-text journals from Elsevier, in life and physical sciences, business, and other subjects.
- abstracts from other core scientific and technical journals
- full-text journals in the sciences and social sciences (current years, plus archive)
International Pharmaceutical Abstracts (IPA)
- comprehensive database provides indexing and abstracts for pharmaceutical and medical journals published worldwide
- abstract only database- full text can be checked for using the "Full Text @ RGU" link
British Pharmacopoeia Online
- pharmaceutical reference work with standards for UK medicines
- full-text drug and healthcare reference works including BNF, BNF for children, Martindale, Stockley's Drug Interactions and Pharmaceutical Excipients
- medical and nursing research, controlled trials and systematic reviews
Web of Science
- details of journal articles, conference papers and chapters covering all subject areas
- can also be used to see how many times an article has been cited in later articles to trace the development of a topic
- abstract only database - full-text can be checked for using the "Full Text @ RGU" link.
Henry Stewart Talks: Biomedical & Life Sciences collection
- animated audio visual presentations with narration in biomedical and life sciences (regularly updated)
American Chemical Society Journals
- chemistry and related disciplines (current titles 1996 - with Legacy Archive 1879 - 1995)
- journal articles, evidence summaries, eBooks, subject portals and databases covering nursing, midwifery, health sciences, pharmacy and biomedical sciences
- free registration for students and staff studying or teaching on courses with placements or training with the NHS and social services
- use your RGU email address and specify your university and course
- select NHS Grampian as health board (even if your placement has been or will be in another region)
- confirm your email address
- you will receive an ID and password (within 72 hours)
Business Source Complete
- articles on all aspects of business and management
AMED (Allied and Alternative Medicine)
- bibliographic records for articles from over 5000 journals related to allied and alternative health
- information from more than 660 of the world's top newspapers, plus additional newswires and news sites
- clinical search engine where you can find and use high-quality research evidence to support practice and/or care
- includes details of completed and ongoing systematic reviews, trials, guidelines, evidence summaries, patient leaflets and blogs
SAGE Cardiology and Cardiovascular Medicine
Journals in cardiovascular disease and rehabilitation, stroke prevention and treatment.
SAGE Health & Nursing
Journals in public health, nursing practice, clinical medicine, nutrition, oncology, dentistry, gerontology, palliative care, and other health specialties.
- This database covers a large range of journal articles, conference papers etc. across all subject areas
- Abstract only database - full-text can be checked for by using the "Full Text @ RGU" link
- You may be asked if you want to create an account. Searching can be done as a guest. Creating an account will let you create alerts etc.